Sorry I am not there with you all!
*Reminder: Poetry Terms Quiz on Friday March 10th.
*Dead Poet’s Society: you will be watching this movie. You could complete the document below as you watch.
*At the bottom of the worksheet, there is a list of all the poems referenced in the movie. You will have to do a little research….below is a chart you can use…
*Reminder: Your Narrative Essays are due tonight!
What is oppression? Remember we watched the Lego video explaining the 4 I’s
Yesterday, your group was given a topic to research regarding the impact of colonization on the Indigenous People of Canada. Today, your group complete your research and then you will share out their findings in a short presentation (3 min). Please record, in your own words, what you learned about each event.
- The Royal Proclamation of 1763 by King George
- The Doctrine of Discovery
- The Indian Act 1874
- The Residential School System 1873-1996
- 1912+ The Reserves (look at how the treaties impacted FN rights) & Treaties
- 2008 The formal apology from Stephen Harper