Task (to be posted on your blog):
- Create a piece of art that you think will help foster reconciliation.
- Create a new apology that outlines why reconciliation is necessary, what we as Canadians should do, and what you will personally do. (can be a speech or spoken word)
- To what extent has Canada treated Aboriginal Peoples as second-class citizens? (proof?)
- What should reconciliation look like for Canada moving forward?
What reconciliation may look like:
Where Are the Children (survivor stories)
Indian Hospital Article
Aboriginal Stats at a Glance (Statcan)
Klippert story – Dangerous Offender and Incarcerated Indefinitely
- What values are being conveyed by the SOGI curriculum (provide evidence)?
- How would you respond to anti-SOGI and SOGI advocates?
Nellie McClung’s Mock Parliament Speech
- Find primary evidence from the media for each decade of the 20th century that reveals society’s sense of gender equality.
- To what extent do the political changes in women’s rights have an impact on society’s perceptions of gender roles?
- What is the next step for women’s equality?
Women in WWI
Royal Commission on the Status of Women
National Action Committee
General overview: Canada.ca
General overview: United Food and Commercial Workers
Whale and Thunderbird story
Indigenous earthquake stories explained
What does BC say? – Know the Risks
USGS Earthquake Map
Prepare the city for an earthquake
Earthquake case study presentation:
- In groups, find one historical earthquake event and report on:
- Effects (liquefaction, tsunami, aftershocks, numbers affected)
- Primary source account
- What was and has been done to mitigate the effects of an earthquake in that area
Share ideas of how plate tectonics can be a creation story
Plate Tectonics PPT