- Counterpoints, Chapter 6, pp 176-177
- Counterpoints, Chapter 7, pp 211, 215, 224-225
- Counterpoints, Chapter 8, pp 246-247, 262-263
- PPT – Uniting Canadians
Understand the significance of the following:
- Massey Commission
- Postwar immigration policies
- Policy of Multiculturalism
- New Flag
- Expo 67 (Canada’s Centennial Celebrations)
- Western Regionalism
- 1972 Summit Series
- Multiculturalism Act
- Meech Lake Accord
- Charlottetown Accord
Reflection – Choose ONE of the following to write a reflection on.
- (Significance) What does the Canadian flag symbolize? How accurate of a symbol for Canada is it?
- (Significance) Watch Expo 67 – Canada Pavilion. With references to what you saw, how accurate of a depiction of Canada was it?
- (Ethical Judgement) With reference to the terms above, how successful has Canada been in creating a multicultural nation? What further steps does Canada need to take to strengthen this element of multiculturalism?
- (Significance) Watch Design Canada. How has design reflected and shaped our Canadian identity?