Research a social justice campaign that pertains to your topic
- Why was the campaign successful or not?
- What elements from the campaign would work for your group?
- Explain the historical context that influenced this campaign.
After you’ve done your research, share your findings with your group members and start video documenting your findings.
Block B: Ziad – Lebanon Kiva
- What are some of the benefits and drawbacks of our current electoral system? How fair is it?
- What are some alternative systems and in what ways are they better or worse than our current system?
Download PPT – Elections
- Does nature create waste?
- What is the root cause of why we create so much waste? How can this change?
(BONUS) Waste awareness art task
- What type of waste do you want people to be aware of?
- How will you go about collecting the waste? Where might you store it while you collect it? How long will it take to assemble/disassemble? What will be done with it afterwards? Will there be a standard time-frame? Will you be photographing it?
- What is the message you want people to get from your display?
- Sketch what you think it will look like in the foyer.
- What are some examples of SAPs and their effects?
- Should children be allowed to work?
- How would you explain the poverty cycle for women, children, and those with HIV/AIDS?
- Find a Kiva story to present to the class.
- Who is the borrower and where are they from?
- What is unique about their situation that deserves our help?
- What is the money goinig towards and why is that sustainable?
- How risky is the loan?
- How can we raise $25 as a class? (not our own money)
***Choose a borrower that will not expire soon