Princess Mononoke Questions:
- In what ways are the humans in the film dependent on, adapting to or modifying the environment?
- What is the overall message about human and environmental interaction of the movie?
- What real world examples are analogous to the message of the movie?
- What kid of world do you suppose the writer would like to see? What barriers lie in achieving this?
- What changes could you make in your life to align yourself with message of the movie? Should we be acting in accordance with the message of the film?
*be prepared for the weather the class after the movie is done
*Be prepared for the weather!
Cultural Change and Diffusion
List the Pros and Cons of Globalization:
Globalization: A-Brief-Overview (skip “The implications of globalized financial markets” and “The future of Globalization”)
Key Question: Is globalization good for the world? Comment with reference to MOVEMENT of people, goods and ideas.
If you can’t see the maps too clearly:
BC Topo Map
Peterborough Topo Map
Review pages 345-348, 355-357
Read pp 218-225
- Identify which biome we live in and describe the vegetation of the biome
- Name the areas in your municipality that you think contain undisturbed natural vegetation. Using Google Maps, estimate (rough) how much of the municipality is undisturbed natural vegetation. Explain whether or not you think preservation of these areas is necessary.
- Using Figure 11.6 (pg 219) as an example, sketch the vegetation profile of:
- Canada-US border
- Australia from the northern most point to the southern most point
- Southern tip of Vietnam to the northern tip of Russia
- Western most point in Peru to eastern most point of Brazil
*label E-W or N-S and names of biomes