Teacher: Mr. Chan
Text: Planet Earth: A Physical Geography
Course Description/ Objective:
1) The Importance of Place
2) Environmental Controversy
3) Climate & Change
5) Tectonic Processes
6) Degradation Processes
How to approach Mr Chan’s class:
- This class is built upon reciprocity.
- Take everything you brought into the class out with you.
- Please keep the doorway clear at all times.
- Use the class time that is available to learn.
- You are not here to compete.
- In the end, you are responsible for your own learning.
Late Policy: Late assignments will receive a maximum of 73%
Office Hours and Contact:
- Generally from after school until 5:00pm
- Emails sent after 5:00pm will be responded to the following day
|DETERMINATION OF GRADES|
86 – 100 = A
73 – 85 = B
67 – 72 = C+
60 – 66 = C
50 – 59 = C-
Marks will be averaged based on your best mark on each of the following curricular competencies:
• Use geographic inquiry processes and geographic literacy skills to ask questions; gather, interpret, and analyze data and ideas from a variety of sources and spatial/temporal scales; and communicate findings and decisions (evidence and interpretation)