Photo’s of the work place
- What is your job title? Territory Manager
- What is your job description? Sales; Trying to get and keep contracts for placement of garbage bins
- What are the duties and/or tasks you perform at your job? Cold calling, seeing existing contacts, fighting to keep contacts
- What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas: a) training? Extensive sales background b) education? Marketing classes at Douglas College c) experience? More than 13 years in sales d) skills and attributes (personal qualities)? Outgoing, a people person, good at convincing people
- What are some things you like about this job? Love talking to people, love signing contracts
- What are some things you dislike about this job? I don’t like when other competitors steal our accounts and we have to win them back.
- How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? More pay, more experience so I will most likely be better at the job and will be more organised
- Give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific): a) You don’t always have to be inside/outside b) It is an overall flexible job c) You can be organised, and it makes the job easier
- Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific): a) You have to convince people to choose your company b) You have to talk to people and be around people pretty much 24/7 c) You don’t get to be very independent
- Is this job for you? Why or why not? No, because this job for a person who is a good at talking to people and convincing people, those are definitely not my strong suits
- Explain the value of the TOKTW experience in relation to your ideas about post secondary (after high school) plans (education?, training?, travel?, work?). It gives me a look into what a ‘professional’ day at an actual job/career would look like. It also helps me decide if that certain career would be a good match for me.