First people principle of learning.
The First people have very good principles
I chose this photo because it represents a lot of their principals in one photo.
The first principle i looked at was learning takes patience and time. I think that this is a very good principle cause a lot of people now a days just want it then and their right when they want it. When take time to learn it will engrave in your head more which will lead to more information you can tell to other people and patience is one of the best quality a person can have.
The second principle i got was learning involves recognizing the consequences of ones actions. This is a good one to because you can’t just go around blaming other people for what you did. Own up to your own mistakes. in the end you will probably get in less trouble than if you were to blame other people and that’s just not fair on the others person part.
The third one is Learning is embedded in memory, history and story. I think this means that when you learn something it came from somewhere, someone, a place. It never just randomly showed up. All things you learn have a history and a story you just have to dig deeper to find it.
I think are worked is related to some of the First People principles like for our projects if someone didn’t contribute they can own up to it them selfs not have one of the group members tell the teacher. That we couldn’t always find the information we were looking for we just had to have more patients to find what we needed. We all kinda had are own responsibility not everyone would work on the same thing and their always tends to be a leader.
the principles i used to connect with the project was Learning evolves recognizing the consequences of one own actions also Learning involves patience and time and the last one we used was Learning involves generational roles and responsibility.
This is DNA. Its comes from amino acid. Its in all living organisms. What does DNA do, It determines your genetic makeup like what hair color you will have and eye color.
The Skype experience: It was interesting because you got to hear what it was like from a person that actually comes from Dominican. Even if they were they went has electricity they actually may see the conditions some people live in
Screen shot of plans: Are plan is to make a power point on everything that has happened during this project and what other people are doing. To also try and spread awareness for light poverty.
Ideas for connections: We can get in touch with Dennis and Eladio. And asked more questions to get more information.
Who we talked to: We talked to Eladio, Dennis, Edwardo, and Paul from the Dominican Republic. We also talked to Ms.Fogarty from New Brunswick.
What interested me: To help them out with light poverty and what others peoples ideas were because everyone had kinda different ideas.
How do you feel about this experience: This is a good experience because we get to help other people out and we get to understand more about what its like to not have electricity.
What we are doing: we are making a power point on what has happened during the project. And we are going to put down some ideas other groups have had on what their going to do for this project. we also want to try and spread awareness.
Science app review
My problem- i need to study the periodic table and find out the history and images of the elements and hazards that some elements have. But i have lost all my notes and forgot some at the school and the test is tomorrow you know that if you don’ t study you will fail.
The app- Elements: the periodic table. Its a app that has every thing to do with the periodic table. It shows you all the elements you can click on one and it shows you everything that has to do with that element like it shows you a picture of the element the phase, density, the group its in, it will also explain the history of what ever element you clicked on.
Innovative ideas- I could research apps that could help out, I could keep my work more organized, I would study all the elements on the periodic table on the app, and i could figure out the app and try to memories all of the things like practice one a day and get it locked in your head.
publish- I will put it on edublog and you could always make your own blog and publish it there and people who had the same problem as you may come across it.
process- The app that i used to solve my problem was pretty good a lot of information on it that could be very useful. But they could make it a little better like they could make it more organized like they could color coat if the element is a metal or non-metal. Thats the only big problem
What is the problem to attempted to solve?
We tried to solve how the experiment we chose would be effected in space would there be a difference or would it remain the same. Are question was would bacteria grow faster in space.
What research did you do to find a great experiment.
We first came up with any random idea we had and wrote it down on a piece of paper. There was an idea about bacteria first we had to decided what were some ideas that we could do with bacteria and does bacteria grow faster in space was on it so we all agreed to that. We used are heads to come up with that idea.
What innovative ideas do have about how this problem could be solved.
Heating it up until it couldn’t stand it to see how it holds up in temperature changes and we could also freeze it to see what would happen their.
How did the process go
It went okay at the end it was getting hard to come up with ideas some of are ideas we had we had to though out because they didn’t make the most of sense or they just weren’t needed. When we did the agar plates we got a little bit of bacteria. It went pretty smooth for most of it.
Currents from the kitchen.
a.) Which fruit will produce the most electric voltage?
I think the fruit that will produce the most electric voltage is the apple.
b.) Why: I think the apple will produce the most voltage because their is a very thin skin witch may effect the path of the current and its doesn’t tend to be a mushy fruit. I think a musky fruit would have a harder time conducting electricity. The apple also isn’t to watery that the current can’t pass thought apples have enough water in them to pass the electricity but not enough to drown it.
2.) To create a battery cell you have to create a closed circuit and then you have to grab a light bulbs to see if it will light up.
3.)Set up your experiment in groups of 4?
When you get in your groups of 4 you have to grab the supplies. you need a voltmeter conducting wires and a light bulb and a piece of fruit then you began.
4.)Perform your retirement with a couple of fruits and vegetables.
We used a banana and an apple.
5.)Document your results.
The banana didn’t work we got no charge the light bulb didn’t lite up the voltmeter didn’t move. The apple we didn’t get the light bulb to turn on but we did get the voltmeter to move a little bit.
6.) Explanation for your observation and results.
I think the banana didn’t work so good was because we kept on sticking the screw back in so their was a whole bunch of little holes and i think that could have effected the results. I think the apple worked because we also tried to put it in all of the different levels in the voltmeter the other one we kept on the highest current flow which also would not help with trying to get the voltmeter to work or the light bulb. with the apple to it was cut in half which could have some effect.
How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give least two examples.
1) It could affect your job opportunists. Because if you apply for a job and your resume is perfect you could be the perfect person for that job because your dedicated etc.. Then the boss of that job takes a look at your social media or your digital footprint and it makes you look bad and you could look like an undesirable person to hire you.
2) It could affect your way of life. If something went viral and i gave you a bad name you could be made fun of. Because it could be really embarrassing or a video that may give you a bad name. Like someone video taped you at a party then posted that could give you a bad digital footprint.
Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
1) Don’t google anything in-appropriate because the internet can follow you so the best bet is to keep it pg 13.
2) If you really have to google something you can put a virus protector or a app that keeps your search private.
3) It may be easy to search but it’s not easy to erase
What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them.
I would pass on that your search history is pretty hard to get ride of and any pictures you post on social media you could delete it but its still out their it is never fully deleted. I would tell the person by face to face talking to them in real life i would probably phrase it the way i wrote it but cut some of those things out.
“As a British official, I realize there are many alternatives to governing Quebec. I have chosen the policy of Biculturalism to ensure the colony is properly run.” Biculturalism would be the best option at this time due to the threat of war. If we leave the French and the First Nation alone and let them practice there culture we have less of a target on or backs. We could be the good guys by letting them be free to follow their culture. We would have to accept their culture and be more opened minded than we have been in the past. We don’t have to practice their culture we just have to accept it. their will be excellent rewards in the end if we follow thought. for example a more open country more of a bound between use. we would gain knowledge from the different cultures.
Here are the three reasons why Biculturalism is the best option
1) Everyone in the colonies will be happier because they don’t have to adapt to another culture. They don’t run as high of a risk of being deported somewhere else because they have the right to be a part of their own culture. They know that they don’t have have to flee anywhere because there are two cultures and they are both right in their own ways.
2) They would become more open to new ideas and other ways of thinking because some times there probably would be clashes between the two cultures but they would have to agree at some point so it doesn’t result in a war and they can live at peace. Also they would become more accepting and they would probably find good things about each others culture and add to their own.
3) They would have more alliances that if another country tried to take over Quebec or the place they were living at a time they would have to fight twice as many man to get the land they might not have the same culture but there fighting for the same land the wars for them wouldn’t be as devastating because they wouldn’t loses as many man. There army would probably be stronger than it has ever been. And the French and the English fought the most for this land against one another. So if they got to keep their own culture they would remain more as friends than enemies because they don’t have to fight against which is the strongest and best culture etc.. which is a win on both sides because their would be a lot less wars.
“As i have outlined above, i believe there are the three reasons why Biculturalism is the best option.he best policy for governing Quebec is Biculturalism. This will ensure that the colony will remain under British control and provided wealth for out glorious country.