Inquiry Questions for Chapter 1-11:
- What factors influence our moral growth? What kinds of experiences help us learn how to judge right from wrong?
- What are stereotypes and how do they affect how we see ourselves and how others see us?
- How does our need to belong influence our identity? How does it lead to the formation of “in” groups and “out” groups in our society?
- How does a community determine who belongs and who does not?
- What are the consequences for those who choose to challenge a community’s rules-written and unwritten- about who belongs?
- What dilemmas do individuals confront when their consciences contradict with the rules and the expectations of their communities?