And do No Red Ink if you want to improve your quiz mark. The new quiz will be on Friday.
Review of THAMO’s
Read the beginning of your book.
- Narrative Essay corrections: First complete the following form so I can find your Edublog. Tags do not always work! Form for Edublog links
- Literature Circle Books: We begin tomorrow. Please give me your top 3 books as I need to make groups of four (plus one group of five). Form for choosing top three books
- No Red Ink quiz on connecting clauses
- Parallelism- Grammar Bytes
- Lit Circle Literature Circles
- Finish off presentations
- Ask questions of the other group so you KNOW these poems
- Test tomorrow will be on these poems AND “Yet Do I Marvel”. I will give you the poetry terminology sheet so you can remember the types of poems and other terms we have not gone over.
- No Red Ink quiz on connecting clauses with THAMO’s and colons AND beginning a sentence with THAMO’s.
- No Red Ink- Using THAMOs at the beginning of a sentence and reviewing the connecting of sentences with semicolons and colons
- Watch another PechaKucha for inspiration AND sign up for a presentation date
- READ all the poems in your package and start analyzing. The other groups will go into more detail tomorrow.
- Choose a Lit circle book
- Use the rest of the block to finish your poster. Be sure to check how it will be assessed!!!!
Watch some examples together
Sign up for a date to present- sheet on the board
Continue working on poetry analysis – due tomorrow!!!!
Test on “Yet Do I Marvel” and other poems on Thursday. (review your poetic device definitions)
- Friday- work on poem with your group
- Monday- finish up the analysis after a review on the analysis of “Yet Do I Marvel” to understand the holistic style of poetry analysis and answering inquiry questions.
- Read the other poems to prepare for the presentations and test on Wednesday
- Tuesday- students present their poems to the class
- Wednesday- Test on poetic devices, “Yet Do I Marvel”, and the other poems that were presented in class.
- Ghazal, After Ferguson
- I Look at the World
- Bent to the Earth
- Helen Betty Osborne
- Finish analyzing “Yet Do I Marvel”
- Start poetry project
- How does power affect relationships?
- How can conflict influence and individual’s identity?
- Poetry Assignment- start on Thursday- due end of the block on Friday (or Monday if it takes longer than I thought)
- First, I will show you how to deeply analyze the whole poem with “Yet Do I Marvel” by Countee Cullen
- No Red Ink- using a semicolon and a THAMO”s to combine sentences
- Improve your personal profile- draft #2. With everything you have learned about writing and punctuation, can you improve your personal profile??
- metonymy, symbolism and metaphors