- We will perform the spoken words 🙂
- If time left over, you can finish up the poetic devices sheet OR practice for tomorrow.
- We will be doing spoken word activities all block. Be ready to move and slam!!!
- Rubric! Rubric for Spoken Word
- Rest of the block to work on your spoken word OR poetry sheet.
- Go over these terms. For each slide, input the concept: Devices
- Use the rest of the class to work on your poetic device sheet OR your spoken word.
- Poetic Device sheet: due on Friday of next week (the 17th)
- Spoken Word presentations: Wednesday and Thursday of next week!!!
- We will do a group activity on “imagery” and figurative devices.
- If we have time, continue working on your poetry map.
- Have your spoken word topic ready for tomorrow!!!!
- Time to start spoken word! Here is the outline: Spoken Word Presentation
2. We will watch a variety of videos today too.
3. You MUST have a topic by Thursday!!!! Just a topic is fine.
4. Figurative Language in Poetry! You are to know ALL of these terms for English 10.: poetry_terminology_10-
5. Do this worksheet to help you learn them: Poetry Terms Graphic Organizer
6. That sheet is due by Monday!!!
- Pruning the deadwood to make your writing stronger
- Review dialogue, rule of 3’s, parallelism, THANO’s ….
- Finish up your revisions. We will discuss deadline individually; however, all work must be done in the classroom. You are not allowed to work at home. Please know that your lunches will be in room 110 until it is done.
- Embellished writing exercise (showing not telling)
- No Red Ink
- Begin writing after we have checked your outline 🙂
- Finish project
- if it is a podcast, please email me the file with the name “Podcast, Your name”
- If it is a poster, be sure to have your name on it. Is it coloured? Is it easy to read? Do you have connections and questions for it? On the back of your poster, answer the following question: What have you learned about the effect of discrimination on a person/society? What can we do to minimize the negative effects?
- Narrative Essay!!! Narrative Essay gr 10
- First Nation Story Telling