Due by Monday!!!
- Read to page 77. Pay attention to the imagery, the characters, the details. We will discuss chapter 18-20 at the beginning of class
- Finish paragraph- printed by Monday. Here is an example of what it should look like: Imagery Paragraph example-
We will read to page 77 and discuss answers to our inquiry questions based on evidence from the book.
- What are the effects of racism on a person/culture?
- How does one build resiliency?
- What is homelessness and how do people get there?
- What is the relationship between the land and the First Peoples of Canada?
- What is the legacy of the Residential Schools on the First Peoples of Canada?
- Ice hockey is considered Canada’s national sport. How did it impact the First Nation’s people?
Imagery paragraph. Work on this in class. Due MONDAY in hard copy. Print from the library or home. I will show you how to format it.
Assessment will be:
- Understanding the impact and purpose of imagery in relation to the story.
- Mechanics and grammar are correct (commas, capitals, etc)