- Hand in your “Food and You”
- Class discussion on “Discrimination”
- Do the corrections: Good and bad sentences for Food and YOu-
- Exchange your computer with a partner. Peer edit by following the checklist. Be sure to check it off if you read it and it makes sense. Peer editing checklist for Food and You-
- Look at the rubric. How will it be assessed?
- Do the revisions for your paragraph. Do your best to include level 2 adjectives and descriptions; watch your comma usage; make sure it reflects YOU! Check mine out again- I’m pretty proud of it 🙂 Food Critic- Bin 941-
- Have the printed copy WITH AN IMAGE for me tomorrow.
- Commas to combine sentences using FANBOYS on No Red Ink
- Question: how concerned are you about where your food comes from?
- In-class writing “Food and You”
- The rough draft is due tomorrow. We will do some revisions on Tuesday. The printed copy is due on Wednesday.
- Share your restaurant with the people in your group. Tell them why it reflects you and describe the food.
- Watch the video- what words are used to describe the restaurant and the food? On your brainstorm, record descriptive (level 2) words that sound good to you.
- Writing Analysis- Let’s look at how a restaurant review is written. Look for comma usage, Comma-Cheat Sheet- word choice and content. Restaurant Review: Tastes of modern Canada in Chinatown
- We will write an in-class paragraph on Monday. We will do revisions on Tuesday. It is due on Wednesday- printed and corrected.
Begin with the “Pathways to a Theme” then move onto the prose terms.
Finish off the movie
In your group, complete the prose sheet for the movie: Prose Fiction Terms-Ferris B movie-
For Tuesday: TEST
- Pathways to a theme – I will give you a kid’s book that you will analyze by yourself. You may have your “cheat sheets” to help with formatting and what is required so don’t forget your pink and green sheets.
- Prose Terms- It will be a mix of written, multiple choice and matching. I will make the test off of the Quizlet site so review this weekend: Quizlet for Prose Terms
Also- I want you to think of your favourite restaurant and HOW IT REFLECTS YOU. Know this by Wednesday of next week.
- Did you do the corrections for the paragraph?
- Compile the inquiry questions.
- Discuss audience. Who buys kid’s books? Who reads kid’s books? Is there a need for more representation in kid’s books? Are they bias?
- Prose Devices- quick review
- Ferris Bueller-Prose Fiction Terms-Ferris B movie-
- Finish two books and have it checked
- If done, work on paragraph corrections (due Monday)
- Corrections for paragraphs:Fix the mistakes-
- For homework, please
- do the corrections on your paragraphs.
- Post it to your blog
- Title: “The Human Condition: ________”
- Add your image
- TAG: humanconditionC
- This will be your first reflection/blog mark so I suggest you do it 🙂
- Continue working on Pathways- get 1.5 books done by the end of the block. We will have both books done by Friday at the end of class. Get it checked by me!!