- REMINDER THERE IS NO ONLINE CLASS FOR WEDNESAY. USE THIS TIME TO PREPARE FOR THURSDAY
- Go over “Frankenstein”
- Go over MLA formatting rules
- Teach Sick Rose to others. Present your poem to others
- Here is the project options
- The test will include questions on “Annabell Lee” and ONE long answer with quotes. See below:
Test for Gothic Literature
Use a Venn diagram or a chart to answer the following questions at home before writing a multi paragraph answer to ONE of the questions below. You can have your own Venn Diagram with you. I will choose TWO questions to be on the test. You will pick ONE of my choices. You are to use a minimum of three quotes, formatted correctly, in the test. And you must address all three of the sources to get full marks. Addressing only two will be minimally meeting expectations. I am looking for depth of thinking and a firm understanding of the themes, writing, biographies, and historical context.
You will write a short introduction and three body paragraphs.
- How do Poe, Gilman, and Shelly use setting to enhance their themes?
- How do Poe, Gilman, and Shelly reflect Romanticism in their works? Look to writing style, themes, content.
- Examine Poe, Gilman and Shelley’s work from a feminist lens. How are women treated in the Gothic literature and the 1800’s?
- How do Poe, Gilman, and Shelly use symbols to reinforce themes?