during this project, I learned a bit more about mitosis , and even my partners in my group. We all worked together fairly in my opinion. No one did more than someone else and overall I think we did pretty good.
mikee – moved pieces as pictures were being took , made the script , made clay pieces
kaiden – moved pieces as pictures were being took, did voice over, made clay pieces
shelby – took pictures , made clay piececs, bought clay , moved some pieces as pictures were being took
Shelby carpenter – grade 9 – albinism – Mr. Campbell
– How does this happen?
– Can it be treated?
– How long do they live?
– Can it happen to animals?
– What kind of mutation is this?
– Does this lead to other skin disease or mutations?
– Where on the body could this occur?
– Albinism happens when a genetic defect makes the body unable to make or give melanin.
– There is no treatment, people with this mutation must take care of there eyes, skin and body as they face the sun since it could be so immune to skin disease
– They have a shorter life span and they are lacking pigment which could lead to skin cancer
– It can happen to animals, just as how it happens to humans
– This kind of mutation occurs in the TYR gene and it is a point/substitution mutation
– Children are born with albinism from and it is passed down from what other type of genes the parents have had
– This occurs in lack of pigment in eyes, skin, and hair.
– This can lead to vision problems
Summarization of albinism
Albinism is a mutation that causes the skin to be lacking pigment as well as the hair and eyes. This is because the body is unable to produce melanin. There isn’t any treatment for albinism, any body who has it just should be cautious of the sunlight, as their skin and eyes could lead to vision defects or skin disease. People who have been diagnosed with albinism may have a shorter life span since they could be more immune to skin disease. This can happen to animals just as it does to humans. This mutation happens in the TYR gene and it is a point/substitution. Children are born with albinism when passed down the genes from the parents.
1 ) 3 ways to tell if a website is reliable or not is…:
if the website has spelling mistakes or not.
if for example it was the ” dog island” website, it should say where it is located.
if the sponsors are fake or not.
2) how to get to the library database from home …:
library page logon use your school login: 132-firstinitial.lastname and your school password
ebsco logon : riverside rapids
gale pw: student
3) something i learned today is that there are many ways to determine if a website is real or not and that citing is important because it can give “proof” that you found the information from someone else.
poetry project shelby and hailey.
science app I have chosen:
science app name: science questions and answers
I could use this app to help me study or keep up with my class and help me remember things so I can do better on tests and quizzes.
I can discover how i could use this for outside of science class for example, if I chose to study I can use it to help me make flash cards or something like that.
I can use this in another way by trying and achieving to find a way to use it as much as possible
the design of this app is very organized and helpful for learning and studying science, it is all categorized into different units of science and you can get the answers for each question by clicking on it
I think this is a good science app because it is very organized there is a lot of units/subjects to chose from and I would definitely recommend this
over all this is a good app for science, it is free to download, and there is good units to chose from. There is a few things that could be better though. For example , there is some random units like dogs and country quizes which dont really apply to science and I just wish they had more questions for each subject/unit.