Sea Devils comprehension
- The Man liked the loneliness of the labor of it. It led to conflict with the ray because no one was around and he caught the ray in his net.
- – Him being alone at night
– when the ray went into the net
- When the stake broke
- The plot is located at the beginning when the Is in the garage getting the net and then when he is on dock. The complicated incident is when the “sea devil” gets stuck in the net and drags the man under the water because he has a noose tied around his wrist. The ray getting caught in the net. Don’t go fishing at night.
5- he releases the fish because he wanted to see where it would go.
- Sullen- bad-tempered and sulky; gloomy.
- Weltering-move in a turbulent fashion
- Elemental – a part or aspect of something abstract, especially one that is essential or characteristic
- Sinewy- consisting of or resembling sinews
- Hoisted – raise (something) by means of ropes and pulleys
- Phosphorescence- light emitted by a substance without combustion or perceptible heat.
- Cordage – cords or ropes, especially in a ship’s rigging.
- Exhilaration – a feeling of excitement, happiness, or elation.
- Atavistic- relating to or characterized by reversion to something ancient or ancestral
- Centrifugal -moving or tending to move away from a center.
- Gauntly – extremely thin and bony; haggard and drawn, as from great hunger, weariness, or torture; emaciated
- Impeding- delay or prevent (someone or something) by obstructing them; hinder.
- Tenaciously – with a firm hold of something; closely.
- Respite – a short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
- Equilibrium -a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced.
- Imminent- about to happen