Blackout Poetry Reflection:
Write about your two blackout poems in a short paragraph:
a) Did you like making them? Why or why not?
I did enjoy making blackout poems because I think there is a very creative aspect that I love to use when I do any projects or something at home
b) Did they help you form opinions about current events in our world?
No, in my opinion they did not help me form opinions on our world because I think black out poems are very vague and pretty bland when you are writing them
Consider the following Big Ideas of English Language Arts 9 – What ones do you think you used while writing these poems?
I think I used a lot of creativity during this activity and critical thinking to create these blackout poems, and I think I used descriptive words to create my story
1. People understand text differently depending on their worldviews and perspectives
2. Exploring stories and other texts helps us understand ourselves and make connections to others and to the world.
3. Language and story can be a source of creativity and joy.
4. Texts are socially, culturally, and historically constructed.
5. Questioning what we hear, read, and view contributes to our ability to be educated and engaged citizens.
D) What was the hardest part about creating your blackout poems? (The visual aspect, finding the right words, forming an opinion?)
I think the hardest part about creating these poems we the visual component, I found it hard because it honestly is hard to make a picture out of words but I had a lot of making these blackout poems