- This year, I am playing Badminton and practicing martial arts to meet DPA requirements (150 mins/week of moderate to vigorous physical activity).
- Next year, I will continue playing badminton and practicing Martial Arts to meet DPA requirements.
- Other than physical activity, I will also need a concrete plan for healthy eating and stress management in order to lead a healthy life after graduation.
I need 80 credits to graduate. A typical course is worth 4 credits.
- 48 of them must be from required courses.
- 28 of them must be from electives.
- 16 of them must be from Grade 12 courses.
At the end of this year, I will have 32 credits.
- I need 30 hours of work/volunteer experience. To show I completed this, I must show proof in the form of a pay stub or reference letter..
- I can start accumulating these hours in Grade 10-12.
- My plan to earn work/volunteer hours is through McDonalds, or being a reading buddy at the library.
- I will also need to complete a reflection that includes employability skills, how I’ve benefitted, and what I’ve learned. It will be 200 typed words minimum.
Career and Life
- In addition to updating my resume, I will also create a financial plan and physical health plan to show that I have a plan in place after graduation.
- When I graduate, my current plan is to go to university. My top 3 choices are Queens, UVIC, or SFU.
- To prepare for the interview, I can look at the questions ahead of time. They are found on the Grad Transitions website.
- My interview will be with a Riverside staff member.
- The 3 people at Riverside who are here to help with this process are:
- my grad transitions teacher
- Mr. Ahmelich
- Ms. Chittenden.
In Grade 12, I will find all the necessary documents AND submit them to the grad transitions website.
I will complete Grad Transitions 12 whenever I have English. If I have it in 1st semester, I must complete everything except the interview before the sale of Winter Ball tickets. In 2nd semester, everything except the interview must be completed before the end of April- they are encouraged to start early.