3 things I will do to stay safe at work
- I will remember to dress accordingly and utilize any safety gear given to me.
- I will notify my immediate superiors if I feel unsafe or harassed.
- I will speak up if I have questions.
2 things I will do to keep others safe at work
- I will notify my immediate superiors if I see any unsafe behaviours.
- I will ask my fellow colleagues if they need help with whatever task at hand.
Matthew’s story was disgustingly detailed, and it resonated with me quite a bit. I am hoping to start out in the restaurant/ fast food industry, and his story screams to me “don’t make the same mistake that I did.” I learned that asking questions doesn’t make you look stupid, but that being overconfident and thinking that safety doesn’t matter does.