To keep me safe at work, I will…
- Refuse to work if I feel it is unsafe for me
- Take a break from work if I need it.
- Follow instructions and ask for help if I need it.
To keep others safe at work, I will…
- Ask to help if I feel like they need it.
- Advise them to take a break if they need it.
- Speak up for them if their work is unsafe.
Mark’s story was the one that had the most affect on me because he was in person, but he also permanently lost the ability to use his left arm, which is not something I could live with. Although I may not have to work at a sawmill or anything with that level of machines, I think I can learn to always stay as safe as possible, think before I do, and also think of the worst that could happen so I can prepare for it.