How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
let’s say you made mistakes in your past and thought it would be “cool” to post it on social media, then later regret it and delete or maybe you don’t delete it. It will always be up there, then let’s say you want to work for a company such as Microsoft, you apply and they interview you and they will always look up your name, and they will see the stuff you did and they may not want you.
- I could apply for a job and they could see stuff suspicious about me because maybe I made wrong decisions or my friends did and then I will end up without a good job
- if I post good stuff like helping out with the community, or hanging out with family, school compitions, sports videos etc. They may be impressed and think I’m good and they will most likely want to employ me.
Describe at least 3 Stadegies to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Make right desicoins not only on your device but also in your everyday life because if you are good you won’t be bad on the web because you are already are not making mistakes. The reason they search up your name on the web is to see what you are like but if your good on media but bad in real life you may get fired, or maybe turned down at your interviews.
- think twice before you follow or post because it could effect you for life. Also there are online predators and if they get your information you will not be safe.
- post stuff that if you looked at someone’s account with that type of posts on there account you would be impressed and want to hire them as a boss.
Refer to your social media as a safe, it has all your money and valuables in it. But once you start giving information, they end up opening your safe and stealing your valuable/ your not safe.
What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
I learned that I need to watch what I post, because it may be fun now but when I’m 30 it won’t be fun making 15/hr. Also if you post good posts universities or companies will want me more. I would tell the excactly what I learned, and said up above and also that it take a click of a mouse to ruin your life.