My process for this task was to start from the ground up and work my way around. One way I figured out which equations would suit what I was trying to replicate was simply using trial and error. I would start out with one or two functions that I thought could work, started to develop it to see how it matches and chose the one that worked best for the layout. After a while, the whole process became more fluent and was way quicker. Some challenges I faced during the task was the annoyance of the lines that would sometimes not connect properly or either overlap each other. To solve this issue I would have to zoom in extremely close to see where the perfect point of contact would be. Another challenge I faced was the shading, there could be moments where there was no possible way for me to colour in an area. What I had to do was create a new function, could be a quadratic or ellipse function, specifically to just cover in spots. Also with the shading, there could be times where colours could overlap each other and even with using restrictions, it sometimes would not match up. I eventually figured out that I could choose which shading I wanted to overlap or stay behind by choosing the order of my equation in the folders. The biggest thing that this project helped me with was my understanding of each function we covered in this semester and how transformations can affect each graph.

Link to Desmos:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *