- How do you personally define an ethic of care?
- Caring about somebody or something means you have feelings or emotions attached to that thing. Being around people more than others can also be a key factor in caring about them. Care is willing to respond to others and take care or action if needed.
- What would be needed to create an ethic of care?
some sort of connection in an emotional way with the intent to help or take action in any situation where your help is needed.
- What would we have to believe about the environment to care for it? How should we see it?
You would have to believe that it is possible or true that you can improve it and we should see it as a part of our life/ home. We also have to believe that even the smallest steps towardsw change help.
- How would we act if we cared about the environment? – give scenarios
we would be more conscious of our surroundings for example –
if someone were to throw a cigarette out their car window and start a forest fire, that person wouldn’t do that, and they would get rid of the bud correctly.
Another example would be when you go to a restaurant and order a drink, if you brought a re-usable straw then there would be no 1-time use straws.
- What would be different about the world if everyone adopted this ethic of care towards the environment? Benefits and drawbacks?
- Decreased global warming, reduced pollution, less ocean pollution, save animal species, reduce extinction of species.
- If this were to happen it would take a long time for everybody to be conscious of the environment., certain companies that rely on pollution would go out of business.
- Should we adopt an ethic of care towards the environment?
- In my opinion, we should adopt an ethic of care towards the environment, for example, the government should make it Illegal to not recycle, to make 1 use plastics. I feel like it would not be productive to leave it up to the public to make the decision about the environment. Instead, it should be included in the laws.