Stereotypes & 8th Fire “Indigenous in the City
Reflection: Questions to think about
- What is the definition of stereotype?
- Can stereotypes be positive?
- How can stereotypes be
- How have stereotypes impacted you or people you know?
- What is success? By what standards is success measured?
- Where are they from? What is their ancestry? Locate it on a map
- What have they done in their lives? Schooling, etc.? Why are they famous?
- What challenges have they faced? What successes?
- What are their contributions to society?
- Anything else?
- Steve Keewatin
- Winnipeg’s Most
- Lee Maracle
- Kent Monkman
- Jordin Tootoo
- Renee Pelletier
Regroup and share out. New groups should answer this question after everyone has shared:
- What connections can be made between the successes of all of the celebrities?