*Head’s Up: Poetry Test Wednesday April 14th. Please study the following…
-poetry terms (this should be review)
-rhythm and meter
-Poems: Because I Could Not Stop for Death, My Mistress’ Eyes, Shall I Compare Thee, I Hear America Singing, I Too Sing America, This is America, What Do I Remember of the Evacuation, Caged Bird, Walking on Both Sides of an Invisible Border.
-The test is a mix of fill in the response, short answer, multiple choice, synthesis questions and a paragraph.
-There will be a ‘sight poem’ one that we have not studied in class. This poem will have multiple choice questions and a paragraph response (so you may want to look at the paragraph writing template as a refresher…)
Silent Reading; 20 minutes
*Thinking about our Novels
- Blue Paper: Write “I wonder” statements for your novels. What are some ideas or messages that you wonder about from reading your novel?
- Pink Paper: Write “I learned” statements. What are some things…facts or otherwise about your novel, history or other that you have learned.
- Yellow Paper: Write “I connected” statements. What are some ways that you have connected the novel you are reading to your own life, other books/stories etc. you have read, or the world at large?
- Purple Paper: Write the title of your novel down and a “Theme Statement” to represent your novel.
Time to Work:
- Novel Inquiry Project
- Late and/or missing assignments