Today, we will be starting our Novel Study by looking at the roles and guidelines that you will have to follow as we go through our novels. We should hopefully have the novels tomorrow….in the meantime, we will go over the timeline/reading schedule as well as the roles. Each of you should take on all of the roles at some point…at the start of each class, I will give you ‘silent reading’ time.
1) Night by Elie Wiesel
2) The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
3) All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
4) Fugitive Pieces by Ann Michaels
5) All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
6) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7) Red Rising by Pierce Brown
8) The Illegal by Lawrence Hill
9) Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O’Neill
* Book Talks: Time to look, research and choose novels.
*Once you have chosen a novel, you will meet with group members to establish a reading schedule….
*If time, we will work on One Act Plays.