Take our Kids to Work Day.
My experience at take your kid to work day was planned to happen at Janice’s office but their were difficulties so we worked from home. I still got the experience as I have been before and still worked from home.
Name of your host: Janice Shomphe.
Relationship to you: Stepmom.
1. What is your job title? Insurance Broker/ Executive Assistant.
2. What is your job description? Aviation Insurance- Helicopters and Airplanes.
3. What are the duties and/or tasks you perform at your job? Take care of peoples insurance needs- Talks to clients and companies.
4. What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas:
a) training? Level2 Insurance Licence.
b) education? G12 and Insurance Business Courses.
c) experience? 20+ years in the buisness.
d) skills and attributes (personal qualities)? Good at dealing with people and timelines.
5. What are some of the things you like about the job? Dealing with people.
6. What are some of the things you dislike about this job? The Travel
7. How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? n/a
Other question (s): n/a
1. Give three reasons why you would like this job:
a) Organization- Files and Calculated Reciepts.
b) Work Hours- 7am to 3pm Everyday.
c) I like the idea of working on the Runway.
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job:
a) Travel- 1h and 10mins Everyday.
b) Sit at desk all day.
c) Not associated with young children.
3. Is this job for you? Why or why not? I don’t believe it is as I have my head set on working with young children.
4. Explain the value of the TOKTW experience in relation to your ideas about your post secondary (after high
school) plans (education?, training?, travel?, work?). In my case it didn’t help MY future ideas but lets say if I was in a Primary School it would show and tell me what I need to do and what I need to stave for to become a Primary School teacher.