The process I used to replicate my photo on Desmos graphing calculator was to start with the functions that would be hardest to match to the picture. Once I decided on a function to use, in order to decide where to use it, I looked for the feature that the function resembled most. A strategy that helped me to create a function that was similar to a part of the picture was to change a more awkwardly shaped function to a more useful shape, for example by creating a whole in a rational function instead of having an asymptote that makes a distorted difficult graph to use or by restricting a trigonometric function so that it takes a shape similar to a quadratic function. One of the more demanding parts of the project was the shading. Lots of accurate restrictions were needed to prevent overlap between each shading expression and often I had to multiply the amount of expressions needed in order to shade around features I did not want covered by that colour. The eyes proved to be a problem with the shading because ellipses aren’t functions so I could not name them as one in order to define the boundaries for the shading. To get around this, I created semicircle functions to match the eyes because semicircles are nameable functions. This project was a fun way to review the functions such as ellipses and semicircles that we learned at the start of the year combined with the logarithmic and trigonometric functions that we have learnt recently. I found this project especially useful because of the way it revealed the similarities between different functions when transforming them.
This project which focused on diseases particularly Leprosy improved my understanding of how viral and bacterial diseases work as well as equipping myself with some vocabulary that is used when discussing such a topic such as incubation period and obligate intracellular. Researching the information on leprosy allowed me to grasp the concepts of how viral and bacterial diseases are transmitted, treated, and why symptoms occur. I was also able to pick up multiple new vocabulary words that have become useful in the rest of the course. Words such as obligate intracellular, gram positive, and bacillus have helped to improve my understanding during other lessons on monerans and viruses
I felt happy once this project was completed because I had worked hard together with my partner to complete all the components with detail. I enjoyed using all the components we had used during the past unit in this project I felt proud that I had been able to remember and use these talents successfully in a paragraph. This project helped me show what I have learned so far in French 11.