COURSE CODE: MCH – – 11
Chemistry 11 is a laboratory-based course that has an emphasis on experimentation and the innovative use of technology. Students will learn about the building blocks of the universe through the following big ideas:
• Atoms and molecules are building blocks of matter.
• Organic chemistry and its applications have significant implications for human health, society, and the environment.
• The mole is a quantity used to make atoms and molecules measurable.
• Matter and energy are conserved in chemical reactions.
• Solubility within a solution is determined by the nature of the solute and the solvent.
Foundations of Mathematics and Pre-Calculus 10 is strongly recommended for Chemistry 11.