- Counterpoints, Chapter 5, pp 127-132, 153-159
- PPT – Canadian Homefront
Understand the significance of the following:
- Canadian Isolationism
- Anti-Semitism in Canada – SS St Louis
- Mackenzie King’s visit to Germany
- Total War Economy
- Women in the war
- Battling Inflation
- Japanese internment
Concepts to understand (test yourself):
- How does the reaction from Canadians to WWII compare to that of WWI?
- Effects of WWII on Canadian identity (social, economic, political).
- How was the process of enacting conscription different from WWI?