- Counterpoints, Chapter 5, pp 120-126
Understand the significance of the following:
- Five Years Plan
- Cult of worship
- Famine in the Ukraine 1932-1933
- Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact
- March on Rome 1922
- Il Duce
- Rome-Berlin Axis 1936
- Abyssinia (Ethiopia)
- Hyperinflation 1921
- Mein Kampf
- Fuhrer 1933
- Hitler Jugend
- Nuremburg Laws
- Invasion of Manchuria 1931
- Withdrawal from League of Nations
- Nanking 1937
Concepts to understand (test yourself):
- How did the policy of appeasement lead towards war?
- Why did Britain and France adopt this policy?
- How did the League of Nations fail to keep the peace?
- What territories did Germany take over before 1939 and why/how?