- Review of causes of Great War: Counterpoints, Chapter 2, pp 26-30
- Counterpoints, Chapter 2, pp 32-34, 45-51
- Canada and the Great War PPT
Understand the significance of the following:
- War Measures Act
- Canadian Expeditionary Forces
- Ross Rifle
- War Profiteer
- Victory Bonds
- Women’s Suffrage
- Conscription/Military Service Act
- Khaki Election 1917 (& Military Voters Act, Wartime Elections Act)
- Union Government
Concepts to understand (test yourself):
- How did Canadians feel about the war?
- Why/how did Canada join the Great War?
- How did Canada pay for the war?
- How did the war affect women’s roles?
- How did Conscription affect Canadians?