Unit 3 – Engineering
This unit will cover practical applications of material science in structures and buildings.
The Marshmallow Challenge
Complete the following questions in Microsoft Teams once the challenge has been finished.
- Was there a leader on your team? Who was it and who decided who the leader would be?
- If you had no leader, do you think having designated someone a leader would have helped?
- If you had a leader, how did he/she do?
- How helpful was everyone on your team in challenging the process of building the tallest structure? Did anyone appear to be an expert?
- Did any team members tune out of the activity — out of frustration with other members or for some other reason? What could you have done to keep all members of the group fully engaged?
- Did you feel everyone’s ideas were well received during the activity?
- How did you feel as the time limit was approaching? Did pressure increase? If yes, was that helpful or not?
- In retrospect, what could you have done better?
- Did you celebrate small wins? If yes, how did you do this?