There was many wars but D-Day was a crazy war
On Tuesday June 6 1944 D-Day started and it was terrible because we lost a lot of Canadian soldiers even though the
Germans did not know exactly where the Allies would strike.
Hitler put soldiers on all the beaches and killed almost every troops that came to try take back Normandy.
156,000 Allied troops had successfully stormed Normandy’s beaches. According to some estimates, more than 4,000 Allied troops lost their lives in the D-Day.
• 2,000 Americans casualty’s
• 11,000 aircraft were mobilized to pervade air cover
• Allied casualties were at least 10,000, with 4,414 confirmed dead
• 10% were killed 20% were wounded and 30% were captured
• Overnight a military armada and over 16,000 troops crossed the English channel
• The United States shipped 7 million tons of supplies that translates into 14 billion pounds of material
• By the end of the Normandy campaign, 28,000 airmen were dead
There were a of people who died they should have helped out more because some country’s fled from the war that need more supplies or just lost to many soldiers.
There were not enough nurses to help out or enough people to help the wounded some of the soldiers bleed out and there was too many other troops so most countries stepped out and left it alone while Hitler killed most other countries the ones that dropped out he killed.
Hitler not only wanted to kill the other countries he also had a plan to kill all the Jews because he hated every Jew in the world.
Battle of Ypres
November 24th cs
More then 100,000 casualty
• British French Belgian there troops where way out numbered be the German forces.
• The German forces were trying to get the English channel.
• After 34 days they ended up in the trenches that got field with water.
• They used a lot of different types of weapons like.
• Underground mining
• Artillery and mortars
• Machine guns
• Poison gas
• Tanks And Armoured Vehicles
• That is just a few weapons there was still more
Belgian and French and English together lot eighty thousand and fifty army men lost.
1. That’s more than port coqitlem.
2. And also Canada had a roll in the second war against the same German war men Canada moved there troops through and helped Ypres fight the Germans and beat them so they can live in peace and live in Harmony.
3. They needed to flank the troops so they can get attack both ways to beat the Germans so they have a better chance of beating them.
There was a blood bath between the Germans and the British, French, Belgian there was so many killed and there was about 40 thousand injured the Canadian did a big favour for Belgian but they could have done more Canadians even provided food for them so they could live.
Multiculturalism – The Canadian Encyclopedia
– Do we feel that Canada is more or less multicultural now than compared to its past?
I think that Canada is more now than before because we accept many different types of people and before they were kinda rarest because of how many Chinese came into the country and if was also kinda difficult with world war 2.