when electric cars became a thing the whole world changed. electric cars have some benefits in them such as having a vary good torque. also electric cars are more digitally connected then conventional vehicles. electric cars are just like your smart phone when you cars is about to run out of charge, you just plug it in to the charger just like a phone. then the next morning your car will be charged and ready to be used for the day. sense the day Elon musk created tesla, which is now a popular electric car brand. there have been a variety of places to charge your car at. like at work or on the road or a charging station. by charging often, you may have to not to go to a gas station again. also electric cars can be good for the environment. like reduction of local air pollution especially in cities. if you have an electric car you can save a lot of money every year. another benefit for electric cars is that they are really good for the environment and if we had electric cars instead of gas cars their is high chance of stooping air pollution that is currently happening.
Electric cars have many problems and challenges in them and some of these challenges are limited charge range. some of electric cars come with different stages in them. and those stages are how much driving range do you pick for your cars to have. the highest stage for driving range is 500km which is not a lot because if you go on a road trip and your runs out of charge you will need to find a charging station and then you have to wait like an hour or two for your cars to be fully charged and ready to go. other challenges about owning an electric car is high costs, battery issues, and a spotty charging infrastructure are the main challenges for battery electric vehicles.
Electric cars also have some issues in them. and some of these issues are brake service, because an electric car needs there brake serviced depends on how much you drive the car. battery care, because its engine is more analogous to a regular car’s engine in terms of cost and value. It’s the heaviest assembly, the most expensive and a big factor in the car’s future residual value. Coolant service, Battery electric cars have no engine but they still have coolant keep that big battery from doing what it naturally wants to do is to catch on fire. every four years any electric car has to get fully checked up.
My statement to Justin Trudeau
Dear Justin Trudeau,
My name is Yamen Edwan and i am a 14 years old boy who goes to riverside secondary secondary school. i wrote you this litter because i wanted to share with you what i have found about electric cars and what could they do to our planet earth and how they make a huge different on our life that we are living in right now. all this information that i have gathered up in this project can really show how would our life would be if we had electric cars instead of gas running cars. and surprisingly the information that i have found for this project is mind blowing. electric cars emit less greenhouse gases and air pollutants over their life than a petrol or diesel car. This is even after the production of the vehicle and the generation of the electricity required to fuel them.
- What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic? 1: what are the issues with electric cars? 2: are electric cars good for the environment? 3: are electric cars a good purchase? 4: will electric cars change make a difference in couple of years? 5: what are the benefits of electric cars? 6: what are some challenges do electric cars have? 7: what would happen if all cars on earth were electric?
- What new or familiar digital tools did you use as you worked through this project? the digital tools i used to complete this project are Scratch, google, pixel, google classroom.
- What was the process you used to investigate the topic? the process i used to investigate my topic is to go on youtube and watch couple of videos about my topic to get a little bit of understanding then i went on google and i started researching about my topic until i got the perfect information.
- How did you verify and cite the information you found? i made sure that the websites i was using were not fake because i was using famous websites not a website that is never been heard of.
- How did the process of completing the challenge go? what could you have done better? completing this challenge was kinda hard. but at the end i finished it all and learned a lot of new things that i didn’t know before. and the things that i could have done better is get more information about my topic and also try to finish this project a little bit early.
sites for pictures:
Nypost.com. (2019). Tesla dispatches team to probe video of Model S exploding in China. [online] Available at: https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/tesla-dispatches-team-to-probe-video-of-model-s-exploding-in-shanghai/ [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].
Moneylife. (2019). Buying an electric vehicle makes financial sense | MoneyLife. [online] Available at: https://www.ukcredit.co.uk/money-life/homelife/going-electric-makes-financial-sense/ [Accessed 9 Dec. 2019].