I learned about how nazi and Hitler did to jewish people and I thought it won’t happen again.
- 1913 Vancouver Island War
- Vancouver Island Coal Strike began on 16 Sept 1912 when miners at Cumberland made a holiday to protest the firing of Oscar Mottishaw. Canadian Collieries, recent buyer of the Dunsmuir Mines, locked them out and hired Chinese and recruits from Britain and the US as strikebreakers.
- China, U.S.A, England
- By spring 1913, 3500 miners from Nanaimo, Extension, S Wellington and Ladysmith were off work, the United Mine Workers of America providing leadership and strike pay.
- Gas explosions had killed hundreds of people.
- After the war, while the rest of N America witnessed a huge expansion in the activity of organized labor, there was none on Vancouver whatsoever I. Union recognition did not come until 1938, 6 weeks after the largest mine on the Island had shut down forever.
- Withdrawal of strike pay in the summer of 1914 and the beginning of WWI ended the confrontation. By then the mines were running at almost pre-strike capacity using newly hired labor.
|Traits/culture||Traits et culture|
- An original culture is rejected and a person only participates in the new culture.
- Both the original culture and the new culture are rejected.
- Feeling left out because the country you are in doen’t have the same culture as you are.
1. When I think of Canada, I thought of the Canadian flag with maple leaf and maple syrup.
2. As a result of asking to people around me and my friends, most of them thought of Canada, so they thought of the Canadian flag with maple leaf on it and attached a photo. It looks like Canada is a portrait.
3. Others think I’m on the same wavelength, but if I’m different, I think others might think of hockey or Tim Horrton.