I hope you all turned over and went back to sleep this morning.
Today we were going to read “Ultimate Safari” as a practice for the reading test on Friday. It is not mandatory but it is a good story and I like how it shows Irony. There is nothing special about the writing style, unlike “Up in Michigan”, or the poetic devices, but the irony, point of view and theme is important. Read if you want.
We were also going to do your “Core Competency Reflection” today. Riverside CC’s Self Assessment Document (2)
The handout below will help you do this reflection well, and I wanted to go over it with you first. I have attached it for your reference anyway. If you would like to do your reflection today because you feel confident you know what you are doing, by all means do. One less thing to complete tomorrow. If you still have questions, I will go over it quickly tomorrow.
Here are the instructions:
- Choose an “artifact” (an assignment you have done this semester) that shows the greatest growth in one of the Core Competencies. It can be an essay, spoken word, reading response, PechaKucha….
- In a well structured paragraph, (a) explain how this artifact showed growth. (b) Be detailed and reference the competencies in the profiles. (c) what would you do better next time? To move up the profile?
- TAG: look at the bottom of the document- what hashtag does it want you to use? Use it….
- EMAIL me the link to your blog
- If you follow the instructions and do all three portions (see #2 above), TAG it properly, show some level of insight, it will be full marks.
Tomorrow: you will be doing the writing portion of your final test.