- Showing not Telling exercise
- Grammar Bytes- Parallelism http://chompchomp.com/structure01/
- Begin writing!
No Red Ink: Parallelism and Combining Clauses with Colons and Semicolons and Dialogue. Due by tomorrow!!!
Creative Thinking: what does it look like? How can you apply that to your narrative writing?
Do you have your topic ready for tomorrow????
- Discuss “Red” (X-block)
- Identity Circles
- Narrative Essay Narrative Essay gr 11
- Example to analyze: Anticipating the Dream
- Homework: Read the following narratives about “lesson learned”. Do you see rule of 3’s? Sentence fluency? Parallelism? Showing, not telling?
- Homework: Do the outline for YOUR story. Due on Monday!!!
- Mind Map as a group/class
- The next two and a half months…Outline of Identity Unit
- Read the children’s book “Red: A Crayon’s Story” Red A Crayon’s Story Part 1- Red A Crayon’s Story Part2-
- Read the story with two other people.
- Summarize the story
- What is the central conflict?
- How is the conflict resolved?
- What is the central theme (message) of the book?
- Who does “Red” represent in our society?
Follow this link and do the exercise- get 10 right in a row, you can stop. Quiz on Friday 🙂
- Misplaced Modifiers: No Red Ink assignment. Due tomorrow
- Notes for your Inquiry Organizer. Here are two non-fiction pieces that touch on “fake news” and “censorship”. Read the one on Fake News and record quotes and notes that answer the inquiry question. I will show you how in class.
- On Thursday, you will do the “Censorship” article (or the article about civil disobedience) on your own.
- For Monday- you are to find ONE more article about ONE of the questions. It can be on fake news, censorship or civil disobedience.
- You are to insert link into your organizer and do a citation
- Record the notes in your organizer.
- Get to know you!!!
- In a blog post, respond to the following question: “Are writers and artists as important to society as scientists and engineers?” This must be about 150-200 words. (15 minutes) Use details from your own life and the world. Grammar and spelling does not count BUT tomorrow, we will go over some of the responses, so please make an effort to make it readable as it will be shared with the class. TAG: artsandscientists
- Prose Fiction Terminology UPDATED-
- The Pedestrian– story
Today we will
- Bookmark Mrs. Thomasen’s Edublog (Ms. Bogren’s Edublog is coming)
- Syllabus English 11 Overview- Student copy-
- Get to know each other
- No Red Ink- grammar exercise #1 🙂
- Kahoot (to get you thinking about English)