Found this the other day…. watch if you have time.
On Tuesday, we will begin brainstorming for this essay AFTER we go over “The Watch”.
Tomorrow will be group review
For extra reading (if you want) Silence- Short Story
Timeline for the next three weeks:
Tuesday- C and C Assignment 10 ’19 S’2
Wednesday (review for the test and continue brainstorming)
Friday- test and continue working on thesis
Monday- Begin outline
Wednesday-Tuesday- Write in class!!!!
Here are the links you need to write:
Examples of synthesis essays (good and bad):
- Do the questions for “The Watch”. They will be due on Tuesday.
- There will be a quiz on ALL these poetry terms on Friday. Here is the quizlet to help you out: https://quizlet.com/
- There will be a quiz on the following poems and stories on Thursday: “The Watch”, “First They Came for the Jews”, “Danger of Silence”, “What do you remember of the evacuation?” It will be short answer questions. Know the meaning and significance of each of the sources and the poetic devices. Focus on themes and connections to our central question: What are the effects of discrimination and how can we possibly eliminate it?
- C and C Assignment Gr.11 Sem 2’19
- Compare and Contrast Example Royals vs Juicy
- C and C example
- Thesis statements gr 11
- Compare and Contrast- outline Block
- Introduction examples for compare and contrast
- Quotations Reference Sheet
- Quotes for practice formatting
- Rubric for compare and contrast essay updated
- Transition Words
Timeline: Monday/Wed/Thur/Fri- brainstorm, thesis writing, research, outline (due Monday). You may take this portion home for homework.
Monday 10-13th- IN CLASS WRITING ONLY. Due Thursday, June 13th at the end of the block.
- Persuasive paragraph examples
- “No Bikini” review
- Identity Unit review (me)
- Identity Unit review (you)
- Test will be on Tuesday. (make that Wednesday!!!!) We will start brainstorming the synthesis essay on Monday in the last half of the block.
- The test will include multiple choice and short answer questions. It will have questions about the poetic devices, the meaning of the sources, the plot, etc. Eg. Is the protagonist in “No Bikini” a dynamic or static character? Explain. (3 marks- for knowing the right answer, linking it to the story, and showing insight into the plot and big idea
- Finish analyzing “What do YOU remember about the evacuation”
- We will watch “The Book Thief” tomorrow and Thursday. Before we do, I would like you to do the questions on this worksheet in anticipation: The Book Thief
- Review “50 Shades of Gay” and do the four questions.
- Spoken Word: What it feels like to be transgender