- Homework check
- Go over story answers
- Email me your final paragraph. Remember what I taught you about sending emails.
- Subject line has name, assignment title, block
- Formal, polite message asking to read your assignment and anything else you would like me to know
- Watch the following videos about the story “Shi-shi-etko”. What is the main topics? Themes?
Finish the questions for “Trap Lines”. We will discuss the final paragraph question after 30 minutes of working.
Due Thursday at the beginning of class. I will NOT be collecting these questions but we WILL go over the answers AFTER I check for homework completion.
- Comma review time (10 minutes)
- Discuss questions 1-3
- Quick notes on writing style and text structure
- Reading in pairs
- Continue working on the questions.
Follow this link and do the exercise- get 10 right in a row, you can stop. Quiz on Friday 🙂
No Red Ink- comma review. This is a combination of all the exercises. Start today, but it is not due until Thursday. We will have a quiz on Thursday on ALL of the commas so far. It will be a No Red Ink quiz so no surprises.
We will not do all of this questions today so stay tuned for an update.
- “Food and You” returned
- do the corrections on your document
- copy and paste to your blog
- add the image
- Title: (your title)
- TAG: foodandyouC
- Due Monday for 5 marks completion
- Inquiry Question for the whole semester- find sources to answer it!
- Finish the CC- why do this? To see these in our characters and ourselves. To identify traits and create messages/themes based on these traits. To see ourselves reflected and to look through the window at others.
- No Red Ink- commas for dates
- Finish discussion on the documentary
- Core Competencies- what are they and what do they look like.
- Hand in your “Food and You”
- Class discussion on “Discrimination”
- Do the corrections: Good and bad sentences for Food and YOu-
- Exchange your computer with a partner. Peer edit by following the checklist. Be sure to check it off if you read it and it makes sense. Peer editing checklist for Food and You-
- Look at the rubric. How will it be assessed?
- Do the revisions for your paragraph. Do your best to include level 2 adjectives and descriptions; watch your comma usage; make sure it reflects YOU! Check mine out again- I’m pretty proud of it 🙂 Food Critic- Bin 941-
- Have the printed copy WITH AN IMAGE for me tomorrow.