- No Red Ink- commonly confused words (Accept their dessert– Monday) (Who’s past quiet– Tuesday)
Continue working on your narrative essay.
This essay is due on Tuesday at the beginning of the block.
Test on a kid’s book today 🙂
For homework this weekend:
- work on poetry concept map
- work on debate
- don’t forget the photo for photovoice (1-3 images)
Analyze book #2 with a new partner.
Get book #1 analysis done and checked.
Test on a new book (by yourself) on Wednesday
Today you will work in your group on the collaboration page of OneNote.
You are to analyze together, finding examples for at least 10 of the devices/techniques.
As a group, decide on the TONE and the MESSAGE/THEME of each reading.
Characterization- All these essays are wonderful at “showing, not telling”. As a group, find a paragraph or section that illustrates the technique of “showing, not telling”. What is it showing about the author?
For Monday- have the OneNote complete!!!! Figure out how to get it done between everyone.
Choose ONE of the narrative essays and analyze for rhetorical devices and techniques.
Have it done by tomorrow’s class.
- Read all four essays.
- Choose ONE to dissect.
- Write all over it and point out the writing techniques and the devices. There are A LOT of techniques and devices so this should take the block to do a good job.
- When complete, write the TONE of the essay and the theme of the essay onto your sheet.