- Go over answers for HBergeron
- Handmaid’s Tale- prewriting and vocab. The Handmaid’s Tale-16mgm46
- Chapter 1 questions (due Wednesday)
- Logophile (due at the end of chapter 5- next Friday?)
- Read chapter 2
- No Red Ink- Introductory commas
- Peer edit the review of the person on your left. Use the following checklist to help make sure they have all the criteria. Checklist for editing descriptive-
- Proofread and make the necessary changes.
- Add an image to the bottom of your document.
- Reread the rubric, Can you make any more changes? Rubric for Food and You-
- Email the final document to me. The subject should read: Name, Food and You, Final
- Review my paragraph :Food Critic- Bin 941-12zefna
- Using your brainstorm, begin writing YOUR restaurant review. Rough draft is due by the end of the block.
- When you are done your rough draft, begin working on your project for Humanities.
- Quick Write
- Creative Writing 35 minutes
- Go over answer for Harrison Bergeron
- If time, work on Humanities project???
- Quick write
- Quick review
- Homework- take a photo of where you see or have felt fear. Post the photo to your blog with the TAG:Fear. Be ready to discuss why this is your image. Due Thursday
- Questions for chapter 1: Questions Chap1-3′ 18-
- Logophile for chapter 1 (choose 5 words from your bookmark)
- Begin reading chapter 2 to page…..
Why are the school boys on a plane by themselves?
Continue reading chapter one
Here is the link to your notes document. Please add it to your “Team” site on Office 365
The notes will be due on November 2nd, 2018. There will be some class time to work on these notes but most of the research will be done on your own time.
- Surviving on a desert island…..Journal Entry in ONE NOTE under “Class Notes” – Kid Nation- What do you think life would be like if you were set on a deserted island and forced to live without adults? How would you set up a “Kid Nation” with other teenagers? How would you govern, educate, care for and feed yourself? In a short journal entry OR diagram OR point form notes, describe your Kid Nation in relation to the above issues. Remember, you are with other teenagers but no adults and there is no civilization on the island. (never mind! We will discuss this and I will show you the TV show but no journal entry needed)
Essential Question- choose ONE to follow throughout the book. More detail to follow… copy and paste ONE question into your One Note under “Essential Question” notes. Then, answer it with the knowledge you already possess.
1. Niccolo Machiavelli was a 16th century Italian philosopher. He wrote a political document called The Prince. In it he claims that “humans are wretched creatures” and the it is better for a leader to be feared than loved. Do you agree or disagree? Should a leader use fear to lead? Which is the more effective way to lead?
2. Jean Jacques Rousseau, the 18th Century philosopher, states that “Man is by nature, good. It is society that corrupts the ‘noble savage'”. Golding thinks that it is only laws and rules that stop humans from being “evil”. What do you think?