- In your group, discuss and compare answers for the story
- Do the rest of the questions as a group.
- Mark answers
- Have a great weekend!
- Block D- We will do this on Monday. Check in with me at the Spoken Word finals. If you do not, you will be considered absent and skipping.
Comprehension questions. With a partner, answer the questions in 30 minutes. Hand in.
- Read “Totem” and do the questions. Totem- worksheet ’17-
- For Friday, have the symbolism sheet done and the questions up to “Irony”. We will go over them. Then you will have 30 minutes to do the questions on irony, satire, theme statement and inquiry question with a partner.
- The story: Totem-
- Remember to get the persuasive essay corrected, add an image, add a reflection, TAG it. (See yesterday’s directions)
- Finish Spoken word
- Return persuasive essays.
- Do corrections (especially grammar and quote mechanics)
- Do not worry about doing the big corrections such as argument, thesis or more detail…. just grammar.
- Post corrected document to your blog WITH AN IMAGE THAT REPRESENTS YOUR THESIS
- Below or above your image, reflect on the essay. What is one thing you are proud of and two things you want to improve for your synthesis essay.
- TAG:PersuasiveA (or D)
- Give me back your essay for safe keeping. I will return when we do the synthesis.
- Due on Friday!!!
- Spoken Word 🙂
- Discuss chapter questions
- Open book, cooperative quiz. (If we run out of time, we can do on Monday)
- Spoken Word
- Narratives returned
- Do the grammar corrections. Do not worry about the BIG suggestions.
- Post the completed document to your blog
- Insert a photo- either from your photo library or from Images
- Core Competencies Reflection Core Competencies Self-Assessment (Word)-
- For the CC Reflection above, choose from any of the following ideas:
- Creativity- How did this narrative show your creative writing skills? How did you try to make this story unusual yet effective? How hard was it to find a topic? What obstacles occurred that may have hampered your communication?
- Personal Awareness- do you think this essay reflects who you are? Is it a “snapshot” of YOU. How? Does showing your story help you reflect on healthy life decisions? Are you proud of your work?
- When you are done, attach this reflection to the blog post. TAG it with the appropriate TAG for the CC and TAG:NarrativeB (so two tags)
Do the Pre-writing analysis of the poem by tomorrow.
- Spoken Word
- Humanities project
Read chapter 12:
- Why would Harper Lee include this chapter? Why is it relevant to the big ideas of the story?
- Explain why Calpurnia changes her voice.
Read chapter 13:
- What is your opinion of Aunt Alexandra? Teacher or Tyrant?
Read both chapters by Wednesday…
- Spoken Word
- Narrative corrections
- No Red Ink- THAMOS