Review commonly confused words- put in sentences
Review poetry terms- quiz on Monday!!
Read chapter 1 of All Quiet…. All Quiet on the Western Front
- No Red Ink- “who vs whom” and “good vs well”
- How to format your bibliography using Microsoft Word
- Poetry Concept map is due ASAP – quiz on Monday of next week. Quizlet for Poetry Terms
- All Quiet on the Western Front- Chapter 1. Do the vocabulary and the prewriting paragraph for tomorrow.
- No Red Ink- Using THAMOs at the beginning of a sentence and reviewing the connecting of sentences with semicolons and colons
- Watch another PechaKucha for inspiration AND sign up for a presentation date
- READ all the poems in your package and start analyzing. The other groups will go into more detail tomorrow.
- Choose a Lit circle book
- Use the rest of the block to finish your poster. Be sure to check how it will be assessed!!!!
Watch some examples together
Sign up for a date to present- sheet on the board
Continue working on poetry analysis – due tomorrow!!!!
Test on “Yet Do I Marvel” and other poems on Thursday. (review your poetic device definitions)
- Have your outline on the desk and your devices charged with your research ready
- Introduction- hook, background information (Canada is a constitutional democracy and some background on your topic) and thesis
- Body paragraphs: follow the order of the outline. You have a choice of paraphrasing your evidence from the source OR directly quoting. At this point, we ask only that you put your quote within quotation marks and we will not assess the other punctuation rules THIS TIME 🙂
- Bibliography: I will show you how to insert this information into your document in the last 15 minutes of class. Be sure to have your research handy.
- You are to finish this essay at home. It is due on Wednesday!!!
- Friday- work on poem with your group
- Monday- finish up the analysis after a review on the analysis of “Yet Do I Marvel” to understand the holistic style of poetry analysis and answering inquiry questions.
- Read the other poems to prepare for the presentations and test on Wednesday
- Tuesday- students present their poems to the class
- Wednesday- Test on poetic devices, “Yet Do I Marvel”, and the other poems that were presented in class.
- Ghazal, After Ferguson
- I Look at the World
- Bent to the Earth
- Helen Betty Osborne
- Do the research for your persuasive essay
- Fill in your outline and bring on Monday
- Remember to record your sources or have them bookmarked on your computer
- Write your thesis statement:
- We will be writing IN-CLASS on Monday. There is no time to do research.
- On Monday, I will teach you how to integrate your evidence into a paragraph AND how to format your resources
- Essay is due Tuesday, Oct. 1st
Link to MY outline if you can’t see it on the page: Outline for Democracy
- Finish analyzing “Yet Do I Marvel”
- Start poetry project