- Discuss your assignment #4
- Read portion #7. Assignment work time tomorrow. Assignment #7 due on Thursday.
- Watch the end of the movie
- Homework check-“The Watch” and “Evacuation” poem and Letters to the Front on blog
- Debrief “The Watch” and “Evacuation”
- Begin No Red Ink- begin with “Formatting Quotes” (This is for homework over the next week)
Discuss your novel through the feminist lens.
Read portion #5- no assignment attached (except Feminist paragraph)
Tomorrow- Read #6 AND work on assignment. Assignment #4 is due Tuesday. We are down to a 2 day rotation now. Read ahead in your free time.
Mrs. Okabe is teaching this class 🙂
Here is the poem we will be analyzing.
Here is the steps to analyze poetry:
Remember that all questions for “The Watch” and your “Front” letter is posted (with corrections) on your blog. All due on TUESDAY!
- Eva’s PechaKucha (Katie is on Thursday)
- Hand in your essays
- Read portion #5 of your novel. There is no set assignment for this portion. Tomorrow, you will discuss your novel through the feminist lens and write a group reflection. “In our novel, we see….”
- Schedule: Thursday– discuss and grammar/ Friday– read portion #6 and begin assignment/Tuesday– assignment due ( we are bumping the reading and assignments into a two day period now, not three)
- Letters from Front returned- do the corrections and post to your blog. TAG:Letter Title: Letter To/From the Front
- No Red Ink- Connecting clauses with semicolons and colons
- Continue working on questions from “The Watch”.
- Last 20 minutes of class- theme statements in a group and then savagely analyze them
- Everything due for a homework mark on Tuesday.
- Hand in “Eva’s Story”
- Reread The Watch- looking at writing style and devices
- Begin questions 1-……
Using only an outline, your story and a thesaurus, write your essay in class.
Be sure to format your quotes properly, include a works cited at the end of the essay.
Reminder of academic writing: present tense, no contractions, slang or colloquial language.
When you are done, print the essay and give to me.
- Remember that your “re-genre” of Eva’s Story is due tomorrow. Please have it printed for me.
- Do the vocabulary and the pre- writing from this assignment and read the author’s biography https://www.biography.com/writer/elie-wiesel
- While you are working, show me your combining sentences from your essay with Mr. Chan
- After 40 minutes of vocab building and descriptive writing, we will read the story