- Discuss Assignment #6 for portion #7.
- Finish the book this weekend. There is NO assignment for this final portion. We will discuss the ending of your books and create a series of theme statements on Monday.
- Corrections for your expository essay is due on Monday. TAG: Expository1 with an image (always)
- Marks are now CLOSED. What you see is what you get for term 1 unless I have made a mistake. See me if I have.
Continue to work on the thesis. It must be checked by me before you can move on to the outline.
Homework- finish No Red Ink– formatting quotes.
Outline for the Introduction portion is due on Monday.
- No Red Ink- Formatting Quotes Part 1
- Thesis statements:
- You are to have a thesis statement ready for tomorrow
- Quick review of “Evacuation”
- Synthesis Essay-
- For today- you will begin the brainstorm process
- Discuss your assignment #4
- Read portion #7. Assignment work time tomorrow. Assignment #7 due on Thursday.
- Watch the end of the movie
- Homework check-“The Watch” and “Evacuation” poem and Letters to the Front on blog
- Debrief “The Watch” and “Evacuation”
- Begin No Red Ink- begin with “Formatting Quotes” (This is for homework over the next week)
Discuss your novel through the feminist lens.
Read portion #5- no assignment attached (except Feminist paragraph)
Tomorrow- Read #6 AND work on assignment. Assignment #4 is due Tuesday. We are down to a 2 day rotation now. Read ahead in your free time.
Mrs. Okabe is teaching this class 🙂
Here is the poem we will be analyzing.
Here is the steps to analyze poetry:
Remember that all questions for “The Watch” and your “Front” letter is posted (with corrections) on your blog. All due on TUESDAY!
- Eva’s PechaKucha (Katie is on Thursday)
- Hand in your essays
- Read portion #5 of your novel. There is no set assignment for this portion. Tomorrow, you will discuss your novel through the feminist lens and write a group reflection. “In our novel, we see….”
- Schedule: Thursday– discuss and grammar/ Friday– read portion #6 and begin assignment/Tuesday– assignment due ( we are bumping the reading and assignments into a two day period now, not three)
- Letters from Front returned- do the corrections and post to your blog. TAG:Letter Title: Letter To/From the Front
- No Red Ink- Connecting clauses with semicolons and colons
- Continue working on questions from “The Watch”.
- Last 20 minutes of class- theme statements in a group and then savagely analyze them
- Everything due for a homework mark on Tuesday.