- Humanities Project
- Read until chapter 40 in class
- This weekend- read to the end of chapter 46 on your own.
- In One Note, answer the following questions. Due on Monday.
- How was Saul treated in the bush camp? How much of this is his own fault? In what ways was this treatment not his fault?
- When Saul punches Jorgenson what has clearly happened to him? Why?
- What does Virgil mean when he says Saul already disappeared? When exactly did Saul “disappear”, figuratively speaking?
- Find an example of direct and indirect characterization of Erv. What motivates Erv to be so kind to Saul?
- Watch TKAM video to the end of the court scene.
- Humanities project
- Read TKAM from page 284-318
- Questions to discuss:
- Why did the jury take so long to decide? Who was responsible for the delay?
- How does Jem take the news of the guilty verdict? How is he changing?
- What is ironic about the tea party conversation regarding the children of Africa and Mr. Everett in chapter 24?
- How is Scout growing up?
As you watch, take note of the conflicts Hasan Minhaj experiences as a first generation immigrant to the USA. Do you think they are unique?
Test on Wednesday. Be sure to have all your poems and short stories completed so you understand the questions on the test. Here is the poetry quizlet to help you study for the poetry terms.. Quizlet for Poetry
- Comma splices and fused sentences. http://www.chompchomp.com/csfs04/csfs04.htm. Quiz on Monday
- When you are done, please copy and paste the “Post Writing” for your story “Totem”. TAG:Totem
- Finish up discussion on TED Talk. Do the questions:50 Shades of Gay-
- Why choose to explore literature and media written and featuring minorities? (Class discussion)
- Watch “Kim’s Convenience”. Does this source answer any of the inquiry questions? If so, what is the answer?
- If time, read the following: Globe and Mail- Opinion Piece
Continue reading the book to…..
- vocabulary, characterization, imagery reflection.
- Inquiry question evidence and quotes. Record the evidence and the quotes in One Note. This will speed up the process for the essay as you will have lots of evidence to choose from.
Read chapter 17-20?
Inquiry Questions for Synthesis Essay
- What has influenced the First Nation’s cultural identity?
- Which source best explains “What it feels like to be …..”
- What conflicts may arise when one has a minority identity? What can be done about these conflicts?
- How do stereotypes affect a culture/person?
- Finish “No Bikini” as a class. Final assignment due on Thursday.
- Answer the following questions after watching this video: 50 Shades of Gay-