Before we get deep into the analysis of writing, you should know many poetic devices found in poetry and prose. Today is a “devices deluge” day. Know what they are and what they mean by the end of the block.
poetry_terminology_12– Here is the terms you need to know for English 12
- Quizlet test done as a group (not for marks)
- How are you going to learn the definitions and how to recognize them in writing? In your group, learn them all in whatever way works for you and your group. Flashcards? Notes? Youtube videos? Discussions?
- If you feel confident you know the definitions, begin finding examples and teach them to each other.
- Redo the test (individually) and aim for the better mark. The marks will be added up in your group and the winning group gets…. jujubes?? Glory?? The point is to help each other learn so you all succeed. (for marks)
- Test #3- recognize the concept in writing (not for marks…. yet)