- Rubric! Rubric for Spoken Word
- Rest of the block to work on your spoken word OR poetry sheet.
- Go over these terms. For each slide, input the concept: Devices
- Use the rest of the class to work on your poetic device sheet OR your spoken word.
- Poetic Device sheet: due on Friday of next week (the 17th)
- Spoken Word presentations: Wednesday and Thursday of next week!!!
- We will do a group activity on “imagery” and figurative devices.
- If we have time, continue working on your poetry map.
- Have your spoken word topic ready for tomorrow!!!!
- Time to start spoken word! Here is the outline: Spoken Word Presentation
2. We will watch a variety of videos today too.
3. You MUST have a topic by Thursday!!!! Just a topic is fine.
4. Figurative Language in Poetry! You are to know ALL of these terms for English 10.: poetry_terminology_10-
5. Do this worksheet to help you learn them: Poetry Terms Graphic Organizer
6. That sheet is due by Monday!!!
- Pruning the deadwood to make your writing stronger
- Review dialogue, rule of 3’s, parallelism, THANO’s ….
- Finish up your revisions. We will discuss deadline individually; however, all work must be done in the classroom. You are not allowed to work at home. Please know that your lunches will be in room 110 until it is done.