[embeddoc url=”https://myriverside.sd43.bc.ca/stefaniab2018/files/2021/03/EN11-Barakaeva-CC-Pecha-Kucha-Presentation.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”
Here is the document with my Mistakes as Learning Assignment:
And here is the Core Competency Reflection:
Steps of the machine
- Medium ball #1 is placed at the top of the inclined plane
- Medium ball #1 rolls down the inclined plane
- Medium ball #1 crashes into the piece of cardboard in between medium ball #1 and #2
- Medium ball #2 starts rolling down the inclined plane
- Medium ball #2 falls into the bucket
- The bucket get dropped down by the pulley
- The bucket knocks over domino #1
- Domino #1 starts a chain reaction with the other dominoes, causing them to fall over one at a time
- The last domino pushes the toy car
- The toy car rides down the inclined plane
- The toy car pushes the fidget spinner (wheel and axle)
- The fidget spinner releases small ball #1
- Small ball #1 falls into the tube with the jump wire connectors
- The jump wire connectors receive energy from the batteries in the circuit
- The jump wires connectors send an electric charge through the jump wires
- The electric charge turns the light on
Simple Machines used:
- Inclined plane
- Wheel and Axle
- When Medium Ball #1 is at the top of the inclined plane, it has gravitational potential energy.
- When Medium Ball #1 starts rolling, the gravitational potential energy is transformed into mechanical energy, causing the ball to move.
- When Medium Ball #1 crashes into Medium Ball #2, Medium Ball #1 transfers the mechanical energy to Medium Ball #2, and Medium Ball #2 starts rolling.
- Medium Ball #2 falls into the pulley because of gravitational energy.
- When the pulley starts moving, the gravitational energy is transformed into mechanical energy.
- The mechanical energy is transferred to the first domino when the pulley touches it.
- The dominoes tip over one by one due to mechanical energy.
- The last domino transfers the mechanical energy to the toy car.
- When the toy car rests at the top of the inclined plane, it has gravitational energy.
- When the toy car starts moving, the gravitational energy is transformed into mechanical energy.
- When the toy car crashes into the fidget spinner, the toy car transfers its mechanical energy to the fidget spinner.
- The fidget spinner moves because of mechanical energy.
- The fidget spinner releases Small Ball #1, which, when it is at rest, has gravitational energy.
- The ball falls, transforming the gravitational energy into mechanical energy.
- When the ball rolls down the inclined plane, it continues to use mechanical energy.
- During the time when the ball is not touching the jump wire connectors, the batteries have chemical energy.
- When Small Ball #1 touches the jump wire connectors, the chemical energy in the batteries is transformed into electrical energy.
- The electrical energy flows through the wires in the circuit.
- When the electrical energy reaches the light, the light turns the electrical energy into light energy, making it light up.
Most of my spending are needs, except for entertainments, food outside of home, and some clothing. I think that the reason that these are my main expenses on wants is because most of the money I earn is meant to be for my own wants, not really for my needs. My parents still buy most of my needs, so my money is left for my wants. I know I can cut some of my wants just to get some more savings, but most of them are pretty balanced, except for maybe my entertainement, which I know I can definetly cut a little. That would not free up that much money for my short-term goals, since that will not be a lot of money, but as for my long-term goals, it is possible that those savings might pile up a little and help me.
In Science we learned about the WHMIS symbols. We also had to make a poster explaining what each of the symbols mean and what they look like. We also had to add a 3D aspect to it.