A partner and I chose to do our power connections project on our school. We chose to look into how our school is being energy efficient and find some answers to questions we may have about it.
The first ting we did was write up a proposal with some questions we have and things we would like to find out about our subject.
Some questions we wanted to have answered were:
- What is the school doing already to save electricity/energy?
- What uses the most energy in our school?
- How are we working to improve the intake/consumption of electricity?
- Are there any perks to the amount of electricity we use? disadvantages?
- Why does our school promote the 1:1 system?
- Could the 1:1 system be improved in any way?
- How is the 1:1 system improving our school?
- Is there a possibility of our school being to energy efficient?
We then put our heads together to decide who would be doing what part of our project and some general guidelines and ideas.
We decided to interview the principal of our school, Mr. Ciolfitto to ask him about our school and possibly get answers for our questions we had. we arranged a date, and after some rescheduling met with him for an interview about our project. first by email, then in person. Here is a link to the audio of our interview if you would like to know all of the information and answers to our questions:
After our interview we decided we wanted to do a video representation of our meeting with Mr. Ciolfitto. We drew out a mind map and timeline of how we wanted our video to look and used that as our outline for our video.
We put together a video slightly different then the original format. After a few altercations and work, out came a video worthy of the viewing of our classmates! (and Mr. Ciolfitto)