Part 1: My story
Angelman Syndrome gene story
Part 2: The making of my Mutation Story
Some of the questions I answered to aid me in making my gene story:
- How does the syndrome effect my host’s life?
- how does the protagonist of my story work inside the cell?
- How does the syndrome effect the functioning of the host’s body?
- What caused the mutation to occur?
Some digital tools i used to aid in the making of my story:
- Google chrome
- bookmarked pages that I used to research my mutation
- other websites then Wikipedia
- Microsoft Word
Order I did my work:
- Research mutation
- brainstorm and make notes about mutation/story
- forget about story until day before due date
- write story
- proof read my story
- check criteria
- make Edublog post
- check criteria again
- sit back and relax
links to websites and pages used for research:
chromosome picture- http://https://www.google.ca/search?q=chromosome&espv=2&biw=679&bih=601&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjP44Xu06rKAhVK5WMKHbzECBYQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=xMkl87lVq73y0M%3
picture of child with angelman syndrome- http://https://www.google.ca/search?q=angelman+syndrome&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=623&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXyvCg1KrKAhVB8mMKHYo3BdMQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=67IWC5oNbdoLbM%3A
Overall I found this project enjoyable. I love writing and getting a chance to write a story about something that relates to both writing and science inspired me. I don’t think there’s anything about this project I would do differently, only that I should’ve finished sooner 🙂