Sam Koutsouropoulos Rap: 200
Class: Math Due: Friday Nov 16th
Name of your host: Harry Relationship to you: father
The Interview: (ask your host these questions)
1. What is your job title? Computer software engineer
2. What is your job description? To design and build custom database applications
3. What are the duties and/or tasks you perform at your job? Help define requirements, design and build data warehouse applications
4. What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas:
a) training? Worked for various employers and clients throughout the years. Continually learning new methods and technologies.
b) education? Bachelor of science with computer science major
c) experience? 30 years of experience developing custom database applications
d) skills and attributes (personal qualities)? Good communication skills, able to solve complex problems, excellent software development skills
5. What are some of the things you like about the job? Work with great people. Constantly being challenged to develop great software
6. What are some of the things you dislike about this job? Sometimes longs hours required trying to meet delivery deadlines
7. How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? Need to continually educate myself with new technologies to support my clients
Other question (s): ______________________________________________________________________________
Student Reflections: 1. Give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific):
a) Because I am good with technology
b) I am good with communicating with others
c) Offices keep you warm and dry and is a safe environment
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific):
a) I can not sit in a chair for hours at a time
b) I like to do more hands-on work
c) It is hard for me to stay focused for long periods of time
3. Is this job for you? Why or why not?
Probably not because I like to do more hands on work and I think it would be more interesting to work in a garage or a shop instead of and office.
4. Explain the value of the TOKTW experience in relation to your ideas about your post secondary (after high school) plans (education?, training?, travel?, work?).
It gives us an idea of the work environment and if you find this type of job interesting or not. I believe that it is good to get a job of what you enjoy doing.